1. How is Brickell Medical Care different than other practices?
A. Our clinic is headed by Dr. Coker our Medical Director and assisted by experienced Nurse Practitioners.
We are different: Because we do not overbook and our top priority is to see patients On-Time.
We perform: Blood Draws*, Physicals, Well Woman's exams, PrEP, flu shots, and STD/HIV testing.
We treat: Colds, coughs, sinus infections, flu, strep throat, skin rashes, , and minor injuries.
* IN OFFICE BLOOD DRAWS ARE OFFERED TO ESTABLISHED PATIENTS ONLY
2. Do you take Walk-Ins?
A. Yes - For Established Patients Only and Only Until 4 p.m. However, please understand that our first priority is to see patients on-time who have made an appointment; therefore , waiting time for Walk-Ins may vary between 30 minutes to 2 hours.
3. I am a new patient, how do I schedule my first appointment?
A. Complete our Two Minute Registration and schedule a visit online.
4. I made an appointment online and it was cancelled. Why did this happen?
A. There are many reasons why this would happen, we will list some of them here.
5. I am a new patient. What is your Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy?
A. Two full days minimum.
Cancelling or rescheduling - Same Day or One Day Before - will prevent you from becoming our patient
This particular policy is strictly enforced and we make every effort to let the public know about it before hand.
6. I am an existing patient. What is your Cancellation and Reschedule Policy?
A. Two full days minimum.
Three Strikes Policy
7. Are all scheduled visits really cancelled after 10 minutes?
8. Does Dr. Coker speak Spanish?
9. Where do I go to get my blood drawn?
A. You have 2 options.
Option 1: Go to either LabCorp or Quest depending on your insurance.
No co-payment or deductible apply.
Click below for locations.
Option 2: You can have it done in our office. However, your co-payment and deductible will apply.
10. Can I schedule a fasting blood work up in the afternoon?
A. No. They must be done before 10:30 a.m.
11. How do I get my lab results?
A. Follow these steps:
12. Do I have to pay for my appointment to go over my results?
A. Yes. Your co-payment and deductible apply to all visits other than your yearly physical.
13. Can I refuse a follow up appointment to discuss abnormal test results?
A. If your results are abnormal we will do our due diligence to contact you. If you refuse a follow-up appointment or if we do not hear back from you within 30 days, you will receive a certified letter terminating our Doctor/Patient relationship.
14. Does your practice do "Executive Physicals"?
15. What is the age group of patients Dr. Coker sees?
A. From 10 to 65 years old. For patients who are younger than 10 please look for a Pediatrician.
Patients over 65 should find a Geriatric Physician, Dr. Coker is not Medicare certified.
Gilma Marimon, MD
3661 S Miami Ave Suite 503
Miami FL, 33133
Nearest Geriatric Physician:
Stephanie Duncan, DO
2701 SW 3rd Ave, Suite 101
Miami FL, 33129
16. Why are patients required to have a voicemail, text, and email?
A. Being able to reach you is extremely important, especially when it involves time sensitive test results. Not having all 3 will disqualify you from becoming our patient.
17. Why do you require a patient's Social Security number?
A. The 3 reasons are listed below. Please note: This information will be encrypted and not shared with anyone.
1) It is a secondary way to find your information when dealing with insurance companies
2) Lab tests are identified by your SS number not by your card ID number
3) If your insurance is cancelled it is our only way to seek compensation
If you are unable or unwilling to provide this information we will be glad to see you as a Self-Pay patient. Once your insurance has made a full payment on your behalf, we will refund these funds back to you.
18. Why do you take a photo of all new patients?
A. Your photo is attached to your medical records to determine your identity for future visits in case you forget your ID.
19. Does Dr. Coker have reviews by patients who actually saw her?
A.Yes, hundreds of them, just go to www.ZocDoc.com and enter her full name Alicia Coker MD.
20.Can I make a first time appointment for someone else?
A. If the patient is under 18 years of age a parent or guardian can make an initial appointment, otherwise no.
20. My child just turned 18, do I still have access to his/her medical records?
A. No. Under the law your child is now an adult. If he/she is already our patient we will need their direct phone number and direct email.
21. Do you accept my Insurance?
A. For a complete list, click on "Insurances" on our main menu.
22. Do you accept Medicare or Medicaid?
23. Do you accept Medicare supplemental plans?
24. Do you accept self-pay patients without insurance?
A. Yes. Complete our Two Minute Registration and under Insurance enter 0000.
25. Do you prescribe or refill ADD/ADHD or chronic pain medication?
26. I am an existing patient, can your office prescribe new medications over the phone?
A. No. This includes medications for colds, flu like symptoms, UTIs, allergies, etc.
27. Can your office prescribe existing medications over the phone?
A. Yes, within 30 days of your last visit
28. How long can your office refill BCPs or prescriptions for chronic conditions?
A. Up to one year. After 365 days you will need to schedule an appointment.
29. Does your office have parking?
A. There is street parking on N Miami Avenue in front of Barseco. There is also a parking garage next to The Pacicfic Bank building, they charge $10 per hour Cash-Only.
30. What is your fax Number?
31. What is your email?
A. It is firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for taking the time to read our FAQs. If you did not find your answer call 305-392-04491.